At Rangitata Rafts we offer two fantastic New Zealand rafting trips to suit individual and group needs.
Firstly, to give you an understanding of river grading, rivers range from Grade 1 = flat water to Grade 6 = too extreme to raft, waterfalls and massive, confused water.
Both options include optional return transport from Christchurch or Geraldine.
The Spectacular Rangitata Gorge – Rafting Grade 1 – 5 Rapids
- Rafting the spectacular Rangitata Gorge offers the most breathtaking scenery paired with the thrill and excitement of some of the most exciting rapids commercially rafted in New Zealand.
- Join us on a day trip from Christchurch or drive yourself (located 30 mins from the Christchurch – Queenstown highway, closest town Geraldine).
- Perfectly made for rafting, this rafting trip begins on a beautiful calm stretch of water allowing time for you to practice safety and paddling instructions under the supervision of your professional guide. As you raft through the narrow gorge you will feel your confidence and excitement grow as the rapids build in a natural progression. On reaching the adrenalin pumping Grade 5 rapids you will be well prepared and looking forward to conquering them. But if you prefer can always walk around with our photographer and then re-join the rafts.
- With 2 hours on the river, there is time for optional river fun; surfing the rafts in smaller rapids and swimming in turquoise waters
- Our Rangitata Rafts lodge is beautifully located at the base of the Southern Alps. Lunch is served on arrival at our lodge, and hot showers and BBQ complete the fantastic day.
- No previous experience necessary; minimum age 15 yrs. A reasonable standard of fitness is required.
The Fun and Gentle Lower Rangitata – Grade 1 – 2
- The fun-filled beautiful Lower Rangitata offers the perfect introduction to rafting whilst having fun, learning the local history and enjoying the stunning scenery.
- This trip can be as gentle or as crazy-fun as you like, just let your guide know which you prefer. Take on the challenge of guiding the raft along the river current while getting your fellow rafters to work as a team – laughter will be heard from afar as you bounce along.
- Great for families, groups with a wide spectrum of abilities and those who prefer a gentle, fun float trip. Minimum age 5 yrs (conditions may apply). No previous experience necessary.
It is advisable to book ahead to avoid missing out on your preferred day. Because we understand that travel plans change, we are happy to alter your booking, availability permitting and with 48 hours’ prior notice.
- Once a booking has been confirmed you must provide Rangitata Rafts with 48 hours’ prior notice of cancellations or full payment will be charged.
- Refunds will be given if Rangitata Rafts cancels a rafting trip due to safety reasons or lack of participants. Any booked participant under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be excluded from rafting without a credit refund.
- To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your tour, disruption to travel plans, mental and physical injury is excluded. Rangitata Rafts cannot be held responsible if instructions are not followed.